General Dress Code
- All clothing must fit proportionately, not too loose or too tight.
- All HCS students must wear polo shirts. The shirt can be white, navy blue, or red (no other color allowed) and has to be tucked in at all times. Long sleeve undershirts must be red, white, or navy blue.
- All students must wear navy blue or khaki colored pants (no jeans or cargo pants; navy blue or khaki corduroys are acceptable).
- No extreme hair colors or styles allowed, including bleached hair color (tastefully done highlights are acceptable). For boys, hair must be off eyebrows, ears, and collar.
- Girls may wear navy blue or khaki colored jumpers or skirts instead of pants. The jumpers and skirts must be at least knee-length, and the girls must wear a white, navy blue, or red polo shirt under their jumpers and with their skirts.
- All HCS students must wear closed toe shoes and socks.
- Middle School girls may wear make-up in moderation. Girls in grades Pre-Kindergarten through 5th grade may not wear make-up.
Chapel Dress Code
- Boys must wear dress pants, dress shirt (buttons all the way down the front) and tie. Shirts and ties may vary from the standard HCS colors of white, navy blue, and red.
- Girls must wear dresses, skirts, or jumpers (these must be at least knee-length). Dresses, skirts, and tops may vary from the standard HCS colors of white, navy blue, and red.
Cold Weather Dress Code
- Boys and girls may wear sweaters or fleece vests (any color) over polo shirt or turtleneck shirt on cold days (no turtleneck sweaters). The turtleneck and polo shirts must be navy blue, red, or white.
- Only sweatshirts purchased from the school will be allowed in the classroom. Hoods are not allowed on in the classroom.
- From October to March, students must wear winter coats for outdoor recesses.
- Students in Pre-Kindergarten through 5th grade must keep a pair of gym shoes at school for indoor use only.
- Middle school students must bring P.E. clothes and indoor, non-marking shoes to school on P.E. days. The P.E. clothes should be discrete and should promote a wholesome atmosphere.
- The specific P.E. attire is: Black basketball type shorts, that are within 2″ of the knees, and grey crew neck tee shirt/no running shorts or spandex.
Non-uniform Attire Guidelines
Throughout the year, several days are designated “Spirit Days.” On such days, students are allowed to wear clothing outside of the usual chapel dress and red/white/blue polo dress guidelines. However, such days do not mean students are allowed to wear inappropriate clothing to school. The guidelines below govern non-uniform dress policy:
- Jeans or pants are permissible as long as there are no large frays or tears in inappropriate areas.
- For girls who choose to wear them, skirts or dresses must be knee length or longer.
- No tank tops, halter-style tops or spaghetti-style straps are allowed.
- T-shirts should either be plain or have only “family-friendly” messages.
- Shorts are appropriate during warm weather Spirit Days and will be announced ahead of time when they are allowed.