Heritage operates a Pre-Kindergarten for students ages 4 (by Sept. 1st) or above. This program is a Pre-Kindergarten and not a preschool -- that is its goal is the complete academic preparation of students so that they will be successful in Heritage's rigorous kindergarten program. Days are organized not around free play or crafts, but rather around center times that teach early phonics and counting.
Heritage’s Pre-K is available in four different models:
- Full-day (8:25am-3:00pm) five days a week;
- Full-day three days a week (Mon, Wed, Fri);
- Half-day (8:25am-11:30am) five days a week;
- Half-day three days a week (Mon, Wed, Fri).
Tuition for each model can be found on the Tuition & Fees page.
Pre-Kindergarten Class Supply List 2017-2018
Like all schools, Heritage provides many of the supplies students will need day-to-day and throughout the year. From textbooks to art supplies to handouts, the school’s resources provide necessary curricular materials. However, at the start of the year, basic individual supplies — from pencils/pens to college-ruled paper to erasers — are the responsibility of the families to provide. Below are supply for this school year:
- 1 pencil box
- 1 pair of children’s scissors
- 1 package of glue sticks (6 sticks)
- 1 box of primary color markers (wide-tip, not fine-line)
- 1 box of 24 crayons
- 4-pack whiteboard markers
- 2 package of baby cleaning wipes
- 2 boxes of Kleenex
- 1 package of cleaning/disinfecting wipes
- A set of P.E. shoes (VELCRO type) to be left in the classroom.
- 1 or 2 changes of uniform clothes to be left at school in case of an accident, or clothes getting too wet or dirty (shirts, pants, underwear, socks)
- 1 box plastic spoons
- 1 box plastic forks
- 1blanket(30"x 40"- no bigger, please)
- Headphones for computer class-simple/inexpensive-will remain at school
- Earthquake Kit (see attached form)
NOTE: Please label all clothing with student’s name. All supplies needed 1st day of school. PE Shoes need soles that will not mark gym floor.