The elementary school years build on the academic rigor of primary education, and further develop them towards preparation for middle school. At Heritage, elementary classes (grades 3 through 5) are geared towards establishing three main aspects of education:
Developed Literacy & Numeracy, Creative Thinking, and Character Development.
Fifth Grade Supply List 2017-2018
Like all schools, Heritage provides many of the supplies students will need day-to-day and throughout the year. From textbooks to art supplies to handouts, the school’s resources provide necessary curricular materials. However, at the start of the year, basic individual supplies — from pencils/pens to college-ruled paper to erasers — are the responsibility of the families to provide. Below are supplies for this school year:
Fifth Grade Supplies:
- Bible – New King James Version only, please
- 2 dozen #2 pencils
- 1 12” ruler metric/US Customary with metal edge
- 2 large glue sticks
- 1 pair Fiskar’s scissors
- 3 pkg. college-ruled paper (replace as needed)
- 3 large boxes Kleenex
- 1 box colored pencils (36 count)
- 1 rectangular eraser
- 2 black ultra fine point Sharpie markers
- 4 fine point dry erase markers
- 1 white board eraser
- 1 set dividers for 3 ring binder
- 1 school box for school supplies (must fit inside desk)
- 2 pkg. paper plates
- 2 boxes plastic spoons/forks (no knives)
- headphones for computer class-(simple/inexpensive-will remain at school)
- Tennis/athletic shoes to be left at school for PE
- Earthquake Kit (see attached form)
NOTE: Please label all supplies and clothing with student’s name.
All supplies needed 1st day of school.
PE Shoes need soles that will not mark gym floor.